Preparation Tips for an Efficient Move
Begin planning your move at least two months ahead. You may not even have an exact “move date” established yet but that is okay. There is no excuse for going into this unprepared, especially if you are on a tight budget. We are professional moving experts and we will do everything we can to ensure a safe and efficient move. they The main tasks for the client to focus on is taking with them only the things they need, leave the junk behind, pitch it, sell it or give it away If you would like, contact us so we can walk you through the process and make recommendations as you proceed.
Some Things You Want To Be Prepared For and Have the Answers To
• Are you truly ready when the movers arrive?
• Did you get all the necessary packing and moving supplies?
• Are all your belongings properly packed in labeled, stackable boxes?
• Can the moving truck get close to your home and what special needs your accessibility may require?
• Have you eliminated all excessive and unwanted belongings?
The following timeline is provided to help ease the stress of planning for an upcoming move.
4 Weeks Before the Move
1) Call Discount South Florida Movers to schedule your move and set up the services you will require.
2) Take a tour of your home and make a mental note of things that are going to be left behind and how they will be disposed of. Consider having a garage sale or donating items to a charitable cause.
3) Make arrangements to have the children's school records transferred to their new school district.
3 Weeks Before the Move
1) Arrange to have your major appliances serviced before you move them.
2) If you are going to travel by car then have it serviced for the trip.
3) Movers can not transport aerosols, flammables, corrosives or ammunition. Propane tanks and lawn mower gas needs to be drained as these pose serious safety concerns.
2 Weeks Before the Move
1) Notify the Post Office and obtain change of address forms for all of your personal contacts.
2) Notify subscription services of the address change.
3) Dispose of all corrosive materials or caustic acids.
4) Contact the local Chamber of Commerce for your new address
1 Week Before he Move
1) Arrange Cable TV disconnection.
2) Arrange connection of utilities in your new home
3) Secure a copy of your pet's veterinary records to take with you
The Day Before the Move
1) Defrost, clean and dry refrigerator
2) Clean and prepare all other major appliances
The Day of the Move
1) Strip beds but leave intact for the movers to disassemble
2) Tour your home with the movers to determine the best routes from your home to the moving van
3) Be available all day to answer questions, direct the placement of your furniture and boxes, sign the bill of lading, etc.